- Most effective treatment for superficial and medium depth melasma
- Skin lightening
- Treats hyperpigmentation effectively
- Improves skin texture
- $850 / treatment
- To maintain results - patient must adhere to life time post treatment instructions
The Melanage Skin Lightening System is a superficial peel designed to improve the texture and appearance of hyperpigmented skin. The peel involves a medicated masque and at-home regimen. There is no pain and little-to-no irritation during the application of the mask, and the irritation level on the following days is like a sunburn.
The mask is applied during an office visit, and removed by the patient at home after a required length of time, which will be designated by the Doctor. Patients are then responsible for following an easy, at-home regimen, which involves the application of several Melanage products which will be provided during the office visit. This complimentary take-home product kit is tailored to maximize the results of your treatment.
- Sun damage
- All skin types
- Minimal down time
- Not effective for wrinkles
- Pregnant or nursing women
- Active Rosacea
- Active cold sores
- History of warts
- Accutane users (6 months off)
- Expected results
- Results vary, but generally patients will see a significant improvement in the appearance of pigmented areas. Dark spots will dramatically lighten and skin texture and tone will improve. Each treatment can be performed no sooner than 6 months, no more than two treatments per year is recommended.
- One week before the treatment, we ask you to refrain from electrolysis, waxing, depilatory creams, laser hair removal treatments, cosmetic facials, Botox, etc. Two to three days before the treatment, we ask you to avoid using any Retin-A, Renova, Differin, Tazorac, Avage, retinols, alpha hydroxyl acids, beta hydroxyl acids, benzoyl peroxide, or any other exfoliating products that may be drying or irritating.
- Post treatment instructions
- It is imperative that you use a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 and avoid direct sunlight for at least 1 week. Best results will be obtained with regular daily use of such sunscreen.
- Peeling and redness could last up to 7-10 days
- Patients with active cold sores or warts, skin with open wounds, sunburn, excessively sensitive skin, dermatitis or inflammatory rosacea, history of herpes simplex, pregnant or breast feeding (lactating) women, patients currently receiving chemotherapy or radiation, patients who have been on Accutane within the past year.